2014 World Summit Resources
IMBA's most recent World Summit was the 2014 event, held in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
View the menu on the left side of this page for resources from the keynote and breakout sessions presented at the 2014 summit.
From the record number of delegates to the high-profile speakers and dozens of information sessions—not to mention daily parties and
outstanding riding—the 2014 world summit relied on the long August days, and a good portion of the nights, to pack in all of the festivities.
A quick review of the agenda reveals the event spanned five action-packed days:
- Wednesday, 8/20: Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew workshop, Instructor Certification Program training, open tours of the Moots Cycles factory, pre-summit rides (demo bikes) on Emerald Mountain and an evening welcome reception for IMBA chapter members.
- Thursday, 8/21: Keynote address on “The Power of IMBA’s Brand,” by Walden Hyde marketing and branding firm. Followed by chapter-specific sessions and a congress for IMBA chapter members, plus information sessions for non-chapter attendees. Delegates also enjoyed access to demo bikes, riding on Emerald Mountain, National Mountain Bike Patrol workshops and an evening jump jam at the Bear River Bike Park.
- Friday, 8/22: Keynote address on “Destination Dirt: Investments and Payoff in MTB Communities,” by Travel Oregon. Followed by breakout sessions on engaging with professional land managers and tourism industry. Flashpoint discussions on access for electric mountain bikes and fat bikes. Also, bike demos, night riding on Emerald Mountain and an evening reception with special guest speaker BikeSnobNYC.
- Saturday, 8/23: The planned “epic ride” was modified due to weather, but delegates were shuttled to trails for a ride, followed by BBQ and beverages, and an outdoor evening film screening of “Singletrack High.”
- Sunday, 8/24: Summit-X Enduro Race, a benefit for the Routt County Riders, IMBA's chapter in Steamboat, and the Steamboat Bike Town USA™ initiative.
Big thanks go to all the generous sponsors of the 2014 IMBA World Summit! Chief among them were PeopleforBikes, Primal Cycling Apparel, Specialized Bicycles, Steamboat Bike Park and the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.
- Advocacy and Organizing
- Rules of the Trail
- Bike Parks and Flow Trails
- Grants and Fundraising
- Liability and Insurance
- Maps and Signs
- Mountain Bike Research
- Trail Building and Design
- Fat Biking and Plus Size Tire Bikes
- Trail Difficulty Rating System
- World Summit Resources
- Bike Parks and Flow Trails
- Creating Award-Winning Trail Systems
- Data Driven
- Electric Mountain Bikes and Trail Access
- Fat Bikes and Trail Access
- Fundraising for Trail Projects
- Long Distance Trails: Long Live Long Rides
- Online Maps
- Oregon MTB Tourism and Economic Impacts
- Strategic Planning
- Success in State Parks